Welcome to my blog. I am a Software Engineer who is using Python for 6+ years. In this blog, I have documented some interesting tools that are in Python and some page I have created while giving some introductory sessions for teaching Python.
In this blog, you get to know very basic things or quick notes on python programming and also some key tips & tools that intermediate or as an advanced Python programmers needs.
Given that Python is such a versatile and wonderful programming & Scripting language, I wish you good luck learning Python.
There are many programming languages that are available for today for new programmers to learn and develop tools.
To begin with, Python is one of the most popular programming language. According to few
- One of top 10 programming laguages as per Tiobe. But, why is Python is so popular? Continue to read the following to know.
- Python is a interpreted, high level programming laguage.
- Created by Guido van Rossum
- First released in 1991
- Open source software
- Python is a Expressive Programming langueages.
- Python code is closer to Pseudocode Code.
- (Design Philosphy) Python is built around code readability and the reason is code is more read than written.
- Python is used as a
- functional language like C
- scripting languages by admin & devops
- but infact Python is purely Object Orient Languages
- Everything in Python is an object.
- Python is portable
- implies Python is platform independent
- Unlike Java, which runs on jvm
- Python is so object oriented even the primitive data types of Python, are objects.
Python 2.7.15 (default, Jul 23 2018, 21:27:06) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.2)] on darwin Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> a = 1 >>> isinstance(a, int) True >>> b = "hi there" >>> isinstance(b, str) True >>> type(a) <type 'int'> >>> type(b) <type 'str'> >>>
Compared to other programming language, undoubtfully python has just as much issue as others do
- Easy to learn, develop & test but also makes it SLOW
- Datatypes are statically typed
- Adds extra over-head & type-checking everywhere
- Batteries Included
- Additional addvantage is, most of the functionality required for general purpose is already available as libraries written in C.
- When ever the Performance matter, Python library codes are written in C to make Python faster.
- Open Source community – libraries
- Most of the Python libraries are available for free and community driven for bettern development purposes.
- Due to availablity of hundreads of open source package, python can build applicatons in days that would take months in C or Java.
- used as Programming Language – Developers
- used for scripting – System Admins
- used for devops(like Ansible)
- used for web development(like Flask, Django)
- used for data analysis(Matplotlib, Numpy, Pandas)
- used for data science(Scikit, Tensorflow, Keras)